Wednesday, May 1, 2013

A.l.m.o.s.t. t.h.e.r.e!

First off, thank you all for being so kind to me with my last post.  I wasn't doing it to get a "you are doing a great job."  I put it out there to explain how I have to depend on God to lead me.  I can't do this on my own.  I have to let Him take control.  I don't know how many others out there feel this way, and I hope if they read this, they learned they aren't alone.

Summer is almost here.  I can see the light at the end of the tunnel as we finally reach MAY!  I can already feel the warm hot sun on my face, hear the kids splashing in the pool, and I can feel the long cozy naps that happen after a long day at the pool!  I am READY!  However, for now we have 17 days left.  I think I can, I think I can!

Ruthie is in Florida right now with my sister-in-law, brother-in-law, and my niece!  She is having a blast.  Some think I am crazy b/c I sent her during the school year.  However, I know the learning experience will be great, and she will see so many new things!  The last time she went to the beach, she was just about 16 months old!  She was way to little to remember anything!  She has had quite the experience so far.  I hope to let her type up a blog post when she gets back and I want to let her share her photos!  I thought that would be fun for her!  Let's just say this mamma is struggling with missing her.  The first few days were ok, but yesterday, every post her aunt posted on Instagram, had me in tears.  I am ready for the big hug and kiss and the many stories she will share!

Randy and I are quite lonely now that she's gone.  We have been keeping busy outside.  It's been a gorgeous week, only to be changed by the weather at the end of this week.  He is still playing t-ball and he has improved so much.  Not only in the hitting, but also in the fielding category.  So proud of the little ball-player he has become!

Randall was recently put back on what I like to call the crazy shift.  3 on, 3 off, and every fifth shift will be nights.  UGH.  We truly enjoyed the Mon-Thurs, 7-5 shift.  We loved having him off with us every weekend and every church service.  Please be in prayer for him b/c he hates it when he has to miss being fed spiritually at church.

Now, a post isn't a post without some photos right?   I don't want to let you down in that area!

We had practice earlier this week, and I love watching him learn and grow!  He is doing so good!  Surprised I was able to snag this shot!  All taken with my Samsung S3, edited in Instagram. 


Peek-a-boo boy after a dirty night at practice!



New swing set = long evenings outdoors!


This is how the cool guys rock bedtime: gickeys, glasses, and Mamma's bed!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry that Randall is back on that crazy shift. I work every other weekend and I hate missing church too.
    Randy is getting so big! I love that batting shot.
    Glad Ruthie is having fun. She'll be happy to see you all again though! I think a blog post from her would be great.

    ReplyDelete