Tuesday, April 9, 2013

EASTER & T-BALL

It's been a while since I last posted.  As always, a busy house around here.  This post will be quite random, due to the fact of so many different things going on!


Easter was a BIG day around here.  First off, Easter is my favorite holiday.  Not for the bunny, the candy, or the eggs.  I love that this holiday is focused on Jesus and His resurrection   There is no better way to spend a holiday than praising our Savior!  To make this an even better holiday- Miss Ruthie was baptized.  To make it EVEN MORE memorable- she was baptized by Randall!  What an amazing opportunity!  Ruthie had asked to be baptized on Easter, but I told her she might not be able to.  They were having a play and I wasn't quite sure.  We talked to Bro. Troy and he said let's go for it!  Then he pulled Randall aside and asked him if he would like to have the honor.  Of course he said yes.  I am so thankful for him allowing him to do so.  The play was great and Ruthie sang her heart out.  When it was time for baptism, she was scared. She calmed down just enough to let Daddy baptize her!


Here she is practicing for the play.  I haven't edited the ones off the camera yet:

Here she is walking down.  If you know Ruthie, you can tell she was about to cry:

Professing her confession to Christ:

Baptizing her:

And showing her obedience to Christ through baptism:

Needless to say- another amazing moment in my life.  I am so proud of my little girl and the young lady she is becoming!


**-------------------------------------------------------**

We have started t-ball!   It is H.I.L.A.R.I.O.U.S!  Randy is clueless to say the least.  He isn't sure where first, second, or third is.  He knows home plate though!  He has tried to run all over the place.  He is getting better, but we have missed so many practices due to the weather, that he hasn't had a chance to learn everything.  His first game was rained out, and I am about 99.9% sure his game tonight will be rained out.  His next one is Thursday.  I hope it doesn't get rained out too.  Here are a few photos from t-ball.

First practice:

Flying to first base:

Batting time:


Growing up, baseball was my LIFE!  My big brother Joe taught me all I know.  I played softball for a year, but my dad didn't like me playing that b/c they told us to roll the ball.  He wasn't going to stand for that.  So, he registered me to play baseball with the boys.  I was the only girl in the league.  Let's just say I was one crazy boy crazy tomboy- so this was like heaven!  Everyone says I was pretty good.  To be honest, I don't remember how good I was.  I did make the all-stars team though!  I played for about three years.  It was probably some of the best summers of my life!  Being at the ball fields is something I really love.  There is something about the smell, the sounds, and the lights.  I always feel like I am dreaming by looking at those lights.  Just brings back so many memories of my childhood.  I love experiencing new memories with my babies.  


1 comment:

  1. :) :) :)
    This post makes me so happy! Seeing Randall baptizing Ruthie brought me to tears. What a wonderful moment and testimony!
    I remember our kids first years in T-ball. They were the best.

    ReplyDelete